Monday, October 26, 2009

JustWait and NaNoWriMo

My life is pretty dry and I'm forcing myself to keep posting, so some of these are probably going to be pretty dry.

I have to sit through the JustWait program in Wellness class all this week. While it is nice to get away from boring busy work about physical fitness and the food triangle and whatnot, the program is becoming RIDICULOUSLY UNBEARABLE. At the start of the classroom, our teacher asked the gentlemen to stay in the classroom and the ladies to leave and go out to room 305. The JustWait speaker led us there...it felt like they were going to take us out back and shoot us, Ol' Yeller style.

The only good thing about the program is that the lady is pretty funny. She cracks jokes and there is usually a laugh a minute or so in there. The program is RIGHT before lunch, and a large portion of the time is spent showing us pictures of infected lady parts. To make matters worse, the speaker then goes on to compare said infected lady parts to FOOD. She would show us a picture and say "See, this one looks like a Krispie Kreme Donut! This one looks like a lollipop!" Needless to say, I plan on skipping lunch this week.

In November I plan on taking part in NaNoWriMo. For those who don't know about it, google it. Basically, it is just a contest to write a 50,000 word novel in the month of November. The goal is to reach the 50,000. If you do that, you win. The reward is bragging rights. So...not much comes of it, but it is a good chance to flex my creative muscles. And I do enjoy flexing.

No comments:

Post a Comment