Saturday, October 10, 2009

Rockwall Climbing

I'm watching Benny and Joon as I type this.

I don't really have much to talk about this weekend. It has been pretty quiet so far, just spending it with a friend. All we have been doing is watching Johnny Depp movies and hanging out. We did, however, go rockwall climbing not so long ago.

The hardest part was getting there. Tennessee roadways are not that easy to navigate. When we got there, we found out that boy scouts were climbing there...so the place was crowded. Usually there are only two or three other climbers, when we went there was about two dozen.

It took about an hour to learn how to tie a knot so we wouldn't go SQUISH. I've been climbing longer than my friend so I was a tiny bit better, but we both are pretty terrible. She could only get halfway up the easy wall, I could get to the top of it and near the top of the second easiest wall, but we didn't move on anywhere else. I bought a sock full'a chalk from the store because my hands were DRENCHED in sweat the whole time. (I spelt 'whole' as 'hall' the first time I wrote this. If you ever see anything stupid like that, please forgive me. I make mistakes like that quite often.)

If you've never been rockwall climbing, you should go to check it out for yourself. It is an amazing adrenaline rush.

No comments:

Post a Comment